Facilities & Grounds Maintenance Manager
Omaha Track is the innovative product and service supplier to the railroad industry-dedicated to providing excellence, quality, and value. We are committed to remaining the industry leader by focusing on continuous growth and improvement in our 4 areas of focus: Materials/Railroad Services/Equipment/Terminal Services
The Facilities & Grounds Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring all locations (Omaha Track Equipment Shop, WECO Scale House, and other company owned property) are clean, organized, and safe. The Facilities & Grounds Maintenance Manager should take pride and ownership in Omaha Track’s appearance.
This position works outdoors and is subject to all weather elements and extreme temperatures. This position is a physically demanding job. Expect to be hands-on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and property clean up at various sites as directed
- Handle day-to-day maintenance and perform appropriate inspections to determine necessary repairs such as changing light bulbs and air filters, taking out the trash, fixing minor electrical/plumbing issues, etc.
- Maintain a thorough list of contact information all applicable contractors/vendors
- Maintain accurate, traceable, and complete preventative maintenance and repair records for assigned properties
- Ensure all walkways and parking lots are safe and clear during winter conditions (i.e., shoveling and salting)
- Perform courier runs between facilities and run errands as needed
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Groundskeeping, mowing, and general landscaping
- 3-5 years of facilities & grounds maintenance experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid driver’s license with no major driving offenses within the last three years
- Possess mechanical skills to repair and/ or maintain vehicles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; minimum of basic computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, identify and address issues before they become a problem
- Ability to operate some heavy equipment such as: backhoe, front loaders, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and be proficient in time management; ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work outdoors subject to all elements and conditions
- Ability to meet all functional requirements including, but not limited to: lifting (50lbs), sitting, kneeling, standing, walking, bending, squatting, finger dexterity, and reaching above/below shoulders
We look forward to receiving your application!