Car Mover Operator $21+ Hourly Brandt Truck
*****Nationwide position, no relocation required*****
The Car Mover Operator is responsible for operating an “on and off railroad track truck unit, for the purpose of moving rail cars”, trouble shooting, and repairing heavy equipment, involving specialized M/W equipment (John Deere excavator and Brandt Power Unit) with minimal supervision.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Demonstrate and promote a safe work environment within their crew and with those they work with
- Operate John Deere 225/120 Excavators with different attachments and Brandt Power Unit.
- Diagnose equipment failures and select method of repair.
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical tools for diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- May be required to occasionally perform work in other areas.
- Complete electronic reporting to include daily reports and equipment reports as required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 1 - 3 years of experience operating excavators with Brandt power unit is strongly preferred
- Class A or Class B CDL required (no manual transmission restrictions)
- Must be able to pass a railroad background check to obtain and maintain the credentials to work on railroad property (i.e. no criminal convictions within the last seven years, must not have completed a jail sentence or probation within the last five years)
- Competitive hourly pay $21 with an overtime rate of $31.50
- Typically 60 hours a week, with time and a half pay after 40 hours. Hours and rotation will vary based on assignment
- $40 per diem
- Full health benefits including medical, vision, dental
- Company Paid STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off
- Stable work through all seasons with, full time work through the winter