Omaha Track Equipment is NOW HIRING a Parts Technician to join our team in Omaha, NE. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and excited for an opportunity to grow their career.
The Shop Assistant responsibilities include: Building, fabricating, and maintaining all types of Maintenance of Way (MOW) equipment, specializing in hi-rail truck, cranes, and other products related to the railroad industry.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards
- Inspect and maintain company vehicles and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures
- Practice proper housekeeping with clean, properly maintained work area, tools, and equipment
- Maintain compliance with all safety requirements, policies, and procedures
- Complete and maintain all required safety training and certifications
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or on computer
- Mark stock items, using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and strong mathematical skills
- Strong mechanical background, with at least 2 years of relevant work history
- Knowledge in hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks per day effectively
- Valid driver’s license, Class A CDL, or Class B CDL preferred
- Dependable and consistent attendance/punctuality
- Must work well with others on a team, while still being able to complete tasks independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to read and write
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending reimbursement account- HSA
- Company Paid STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- 401K with Match
For more information on Omaha Track Equipment, visit our website at www.omahatrackequipment.com. We look forward to receiving your application!