Mechanic-Maintenance of Way Equipment
Omaha Track, Inc. is seeking a Mechanic to join our Track Construction Traveling Crew. This position requires at least a Class B CDL (Class A CDL preferred).
The Track Construction Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all types of Maintenance of Way (MOW) equipment for our Track Construction crew, including hi-rail trucks, cranes, and other equipment related to the railroad industry.
Why should YOU join Omaha Track?!
If you are looking to learn new skill sets and grow your career, we have just the opportunity for you!
We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the rail services industry, and seek to add only the best to our growing team.
Comprehensive Benefits offered:
- Overtime weekly, with time and a half pay after 40 hours. Hours and rotation will vary based on assignment
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Opportunity
- $45 per diem
- Full health benefits including medical, vision, dental
- Company Paid Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off
- Stable work through all seasons with, full time work through the winter
- Annual Company clothing store allowance and reimbursement for safety boots
- Parental leave
- Company match on charitable donations
- Earn travel rewards
This position requires up to 24 or more consecutive days of travel per month. Omaha Track will not require you to relocate, but we will give you a $45 Per Diem. Project assignments may require additional travel.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Read basic work orders and interpret/follow schematics, drawings, and instructions
- Troubleshoot, rebuild, and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical components and systems
- Prepare test builds for final inspection; ensure all vehicle fluid systems are filled for final inspection
- Inspect and maintain company vehicles and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures
- Practice proper housekeeping with clean, properly maintained work area, tools, and equipment
- Maintain a safe working environment in all designated shop areas; attend daily safety briefings
- Ensure compliance with all safety requirements, policies, and procedures
- Report equipment malfunctions/concerns, as well as job site incidents and injuries immediately
- Complete and maintain all required safety training and certifications
- Adhere to all OSHA, EPA, and Omaha Track/Omaha Track Equipment rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license required (must not have any major driving offenses within the last three years)
- Class B CDL required, Class A CDL preferred
- Strong mechanical background, with the ability to demonstrate proficiency for all required skill sets and effectively troubleshoot problems on new assembly and/or repair work on older equipment
- Must work well with others on a team, while still being able to complete tasks independently
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to read and write in English
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability & ability to take initiative and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal communication skills, including the ability to present in one-on-one and small group situations
- Dependable and consistent attendance/punctuality
- Ability to continue to develop a working knowledge in hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail and follow written/verbal instructions
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and apply it to the job being performed
- Understand and accurately interpret/follow laws, rules, regulations, and other railroad/Omaha Track guidelines
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a diverse group
- Ability to safely drive a DOT regulated vehicle (strongly preferred); ability to drive a vehicle/operate equipment
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOT medical card, required for DOT regulated vehicle operation (strongly preferred)
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments, subject to all elements and conditions
We look forward to receiving your application!