Field Crew Laborer- Join the Railroad Industry/ get paid to travel!
In this entry-level position, you will work outdoors – removing ties or track, pulling spikes and shoveling rock ballast. You will handle equipment that weighs up to 75 pounds and help others handle even heavier equipment – like a grapple truck. The Field Crew Laborer is responsible for performing all assigned tasks to support their field crew and railroad assignments. When supporting the steel division, this includes safely and efficiently preparing rail for pick-up. When supporting the tie division, this includes picking up pieces of railroad ties which are too small to handle with specialized equipment and loading them safely and efficiently as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removing ties or track, pulling spikes and shoveling rock ballast
Handle equipment that weighs up to 75 pounds
Loading Flatbed trailer or rail cars in a fast-paced environment
- Picking up pieces of railroad ties which are too small to handle with specialized equipment and loading them safely and efficiently as directed
- Safely and efficiently preparing rail for pick-up
Help others handle even heavier equipment – like a grapple truck
- Overtime weekly, with time and a half pay after 40 hours. Hours and rotation will vary based on assignment
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus
- $40 per diem
- Full health benefits including medical, vision, dental
- Company Paid STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off
- Stable work through all seasons with, full time work through the winter
Omaha Track, Inc. is seeking Field Crew Laborers to join our growing Field Operations. We are looking for dependable, motivated workers who are dedicated to safety, teamwork, and professionalism. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the rail services industry, and seek to add only the best to our growing team. Career growth opportunities!
Entry-level hourly rate is $15 hourly with the potential of $16 if you have a CDL and pass our ride check. This position will get overtime regularly- typically around 60 hours a week and paid weekly.
Your travel, lodging, and tax free daily per diem ($40) allowance will be paid by the company while on job assignment.
This is a nationwide traveling position and you will not be required to relocate. The rotation schedule is 3 weeks out and 1 week home.
- Able to work overtime and weekends in all-weather conditions in various shifts
- Follow all Safety Program, Policies and Procedures
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Location: Nationwide, NE