Drafting Apprentice (OTE)-$500.00 Sign-on Bonus!
Omaha Track is currently looking for a talented Drafting apprentice to join our engineering department in Omaha, NE. This is a great opportunity to get involved in some interesting and challenging design projects within the railroad industry across the Midwest. Our engineering team utilizes SolidWorks to design all shop drawings and 3D renderings of the projects.
Responsibilities for Drafter
- Work Under the supervision and direction of Chief Engineer
- Create the correct models and working drawings in CAD
- Complete electrical, air and hydraulic diagrams
- Make revisions on a model based on Engineering requirements
- Specify material used on model
- Incorporate fastening requirements (welds and hardware) in working drawings based on engineering recommendations
- Complete working assembly diagrams and breakouts
- Compute mathematical formulas to find correct dimensions
- Create models out of rough sketches
- Create working drawing sets from models
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure the model is correct
- Develop standardized models of products
- Assist in creating manuals for working products operations, features and maintenance
Qualifications for Drafter
- Associate degree in drafting from technical school (Or working towards)
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to stay organized
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Solid mathematical skills
- Very detail oriented
- Hands-on experience in SolidWorks, DraftSight and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Great time management skills
- Ability to work on your own
Omaha Track Equipment offers a competitive, comprehensive benefit package, and offers opportunities for advancement for those who demonstrate solid performance and want to grow with the company.
For more information on Omaha Track Equipment, visit our website at www.omahatrackequipment.com. We look forward to receiving your application!