Diesel Mechanic/ Installation Technician
Omaha Track Equipment, an established Omaha based company, is seeking a Diesel Mechanic/Technician to join our growing organization in the fast-paced heavy equipment industry. If you are looking to learn new skill sets and grow your career in the Maintenance of Way (MOW) industry, we have just the opportunity for you!
- Perform Shop repairs and maintenance on hi-rail trucks, cranes, and other equipment.
- Emphasis on diagnosing and repairing/rebuilding diesel engines.
- Troubleshoot, rebuild, & repair hydraulic, pneumatic, transmission, clutches, electrical components & systems.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing assigned repairs.
- Diagnose and evaluate problems with equipment; make repairs in a timely manner.
Why should YOU join Omaha Track Equipment?!
- Family owned and operated
- You get to see your hard work come to life, from loose components to testing the finished product on track.
- Your ambition and initiative will result in endless opportunities for career development & certifications.
- It's a team-oriented environment where we want to see YOU succeed!
- Our growing company give you the ability to form lasting professional connections.
- This position does require you to have your own tools.
Comprehensive Benefits offered:
- Paid time off
- Affordable Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending reimbursement account- HSA
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Opportunity
- Company Paid Short-term disability, Long-term disability, and Life Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Annual Company clothing store allowance
- Parental leave
- Company match on charitable donations
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education is preferred
- Valid driver’s license required (must not have any major driving offenses within the last three years)
- Class A or Class B CDL is preferred, but not required
- Ability to diagnose, repair/rebuild diesel engines.
- Strong mechanical background, with the ability to demonstrate proficiency for all required skill sets and effectively troubleshoot problems on new assembly and/or repair work on older equipment
- Must work well with others on a team, while still being able to complete tasks independently
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and strong mathematical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and effectively manage multiple tasks/job assignments per day
We look forward to receiving your application!