Railroad Track Construction Laborer-Class A or B CDL Preferred
Omaha Track is the innovative product and service supplier to the railroad industry-dedicated to providing excellence, quality, and value. We are committed to remaining the industry leader by focusing on continuous growth and improvement in our 4 areas of focus: Materials/Railroad Services/Equipment/Terminal ServicesWe welcome NEW Class A CDL Drivers WITHOUT experience! Opportunity to gain valuable CDL experience and Travel!
Omaha Track, Inc. is seeking Track Construction Laborers to join our growing Field Operations department. We are looking for hard-working, motivated individuals who are dedicated to safety, teamwork and professionalism. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the rail services industry, and seek to add only the best to our growing team.
The Track Construction Laborer is responsible for all assigned tasks related to railroad track construction and maintenance at Omaha Track’s facilities and project sites. This position requires physical labor in removing and replacing ties, pulling and driving spikes, removing and installing rail anchors, and loading and unloading equipment.
This position requires up to 24 or more consecutive days of travel per month. Must be at least 21 years of age.
This is a Nationwide position. Omaha Track will not require you to relocate for this remote position. Project assignments may require additional travel, with additional time off and advanced notice.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform railroad track maintenance and construction, including:
- Load/unload, handle, and move track sections and materials; shovel and distribute rock ballast
- Repair, maintain, and install railroad track; remove and replace railroad ties
- Drill rail, pull and drive spikes, install and remove rail anchors, and loosen/tighten track bolts
- Visually inspect track for broken rail, deteriorated track bed, track obstructions, and weather-related problems
- Inspect and maintain company vehicles and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures
- Participate in all job briefings, follow track protection limits, and conduct proper radio communications
- Practice proper housekeeping with clean, properly maintained vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Ensure compliance with all safety requirements, policies, and procedures
- Report all job site incidents and injuries to crew supervisor immediately
- Complete and maintain all required safety training and certifications
- Adhere to all railroad and Omaha Track rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Demonstrated intermediate mechanical and basic mathematical skills
- Effective listening skills, including the ability to interpret, document, and follow oral instructions
- Valid driver’s license required
- Class A or Class B CDL preferred
- Dependable and consistent attendance/punctuality
- Understand and accurately interpret/follow laws, rules, regulations, and other railroad/Omaha Track guidelines
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a diverse group
- Ability to use hand tools such as spike mauls and claw bars
- Ability to transverse and work on uneven surfaces in an outdoor environment submit to all elements/conditions
- Ability to change easily from one task to another (varying in nature) and deal with competing demands
Comprehensive Benefits offered:
- Paid time off
- $45 Per Diem
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Opportunity
- Affordable Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending reimbursement account- HSA
- Company Paid Short-term disability, Long-term disability, and Life Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Annual Company clothing store allowance and reimbursement for safety boots
- Parental leave
- Company match on charitable donations
- Earn travel rewards
We look forward to receiving your application!