Field Crew Laborer-Class A or B CDL Preferred
Omaha Track is the innovative product and service supplier to the railroad industry-dedicated to providing excellence, quality, and value. We are committed to remaining the industry leader by focusing on continuous growth and improvement in our 4 areas of focus: Materials/Railroad Services/Equipment/Terminal Services
Omaha Track, Inc. is seeking Field Crew Laborers to join our growing Field Operations. We are looking for dependable, motivated workers who are dedicated to safety, teamwork, and professionalism. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the rail services industry, and seek to add only the best to our growing team. Career growth opportunities!
Entry-level hourly rate is $18 hourly. This position will get overtime regularly.
This position will require up to 24 consecutive days of travel per month. Your travel, lodging, and tax free daily per diem ($45) allowance will be paid by the company while on job assignment.
This is a nationwide traveling position and you will not be required to relocate. The rotation schedule is typically 3 weeks out and 1 week home.
In this entry-level position, you will work outdoors – removing ties or track, pulling spikes and shoveling rock ballast. You will handle equipment that weighs up to 75 pounds and help others handle even heavier equipment – like a grapple truck. The Field Crew Laborer is responsible for performing all assigned tasks to support their field crew and railroad assignments. When supporting the steel division, this includes safely and efficiently preparing rail for pick-up. When supporting the tie division, this includes picking up pieces of railroad ties which are too small to handle with specialized equipment and loading them safely and efficiently as directed.
We welcome NEW Class A & B CDL Drivers WITHOUT experience! Opportunity to gain valuable CDL experience and Travel!
- Able to work overtime and weekends in all-weather conditions in various shifts
- Follow all Safety Program, Policies and Procedures
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Comprehensive Benefits offered:
- Overtime weekly, with time and a half pay after 40 hours. Hours and rotation will vary based on assignment
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Opportunity
- $45 per diem
- Full health benefits including medical, vision, dental
- Company Paid Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off
- Stable work through all seasons with, full time work through the winter
- Annual Company clothing store allowance and reimbursement for safety boots
- Parental leave
- Company match on charitable donations
- Earn travel rewards
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Location: Nationwide, NE