Field Crew Laborer- Railroad- CDL preferred
Omaha Track has been providing quality, reliable service to the railroad industry since 1983. Omaha Track provides products and services to Class 1 and Short Line railroads, rail contractors and industries across North America.
In this entry-level position, you will work outdoors – removing ties or track, pulling spikes and shoveling rock ballast. You will handle equipment that weighs up to 75 pounds and help others handle even heavier equipment – like a grapple truck. The Field Crew Laborer is responsible for performing all assigned tasks to support their field crew and railroad assignments. When supporting the steel division, this includes safely and efficiently preparing rail for pick-up. When supporting the tie division, this includes picking up pieces of railroad ties which are too small to handle with specialized equipment and loading them safely and efficiently as directed.
Omaha Track, Inc. is seeking Field Crew Laborers to join our growing Field Operations. We are looking for dependable, motivated workers who are dedicated to safety, teamwork, and professionalism. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the rail services industry, and seek to add only the best to our growing team. Career growth opportunities!
Entry-level hourly rate is $15 hourly with the potential of $16 if you have a CDL and pass our ride check
This position will require up to 24 consecutive days of travel per month. Your travel, lodging, and tax free daily per diem ($30) allowance will be paid by the company while on job assignment.
This is a nationwide traveling position and you will not be required to relocate. The rotation schedule is 3 weeks out and 1 week home.
- Safely and efficiently preparing rail for pick-up.
- Picking up pieces of railroad ties which are too small to handle with specialized equipment and loading them safely and efficiently as directed.
- Loading Flatbed trailer or rail cars in a fast-paced environment
- Working away from home for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time
- Able to work overtime and weekends in all-weather conditions in various shifts
- Follow all Safety Program, Policies and Procedures
- Competitive hourly pay $15 with an overtime rate of $22.50
- Overtime weekly, with time and a half pay after 40 hours. Hours and rotation will vary based on assignment
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus with a target of 10%
- $40 per diem
- Full health benefits including medical, vision, dental
- Company Paid STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off
- Stable work through all seasons with, full time work through the winter
Interested in learning more and joining our team? Check out the full job description by clicking here. We look forward to receiving your application!
- Location: Nationwide, NE