Railroad Track Construction Laborer- CDL Preferred
The Track Construction Laborer is responsible for all assigned tasks related to railroad track construction and maintenance at Omaha Track’s facilities and project sites. This position requires physical labor in removing and replacing ties, pulling and driving spikes, removing and installing rail anchors, and loading and unloading equipment.
Entry-level hourly rate is $16 hourly with the potential of $17 if you have a CDL and pass our ride check. This position will get overtime regularly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removing ties or track, pulling spikes and shoveling rock ballast
- Removing and installing rail anchors
- Loading and unloading equipment
Help others handle even heavier equipment – like a grapple truck
- Overtime weekly, with time and a half pay after 40 hours. Hours and rotation will vary based on assignment
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus
- $40 per diem
- Full health benefits including medical, vision, dental
- Company Paid STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off
- Stable work through all seasons with, full time work through the winter
This position requires up to 24 or more consecutive days of travel per month. This is a Nationwide position. Omaha Track will not require you to relocate for this remote position. Project assignments may require additional travel, with additional time off and advanced notice.
Interested in learning more and joining our team? Check out the full job description by clicking here. We look forward to receiving your application!