Rail Yard Laborer
Omaha Track is the innovative product and service supplier to the railroad industry-dedicated to providing excellence, quality, and value. We are committed to remaining the industry leader by focusing on continuous growth and improvement in our 4 areas of focus: Materials/Railroad Services/Equipment/Terminal Services
Omaha Track is hiring Full Time Laborers to join our Rail Yard in Chicago Heights, IL. We are looking for dependable, motivated workers who are dedicated to safety, teamwork, and professionalism. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the rail services industry, and seek to add only the best to our growing team.
The Yard Laborer is responsible for performing physical labor, such as cutting, sorting, and moving materials throughout the rail yard. This position works outdoors year round, subject to all weather elements and extreme temperatures.
Comprehensive Benefits offered:
- Paid time off
- Affordable Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending reimbursement account- HSA
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Opportunity
- Company Paid Short-term disability, Long-term disability, and Life Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Annual Company clothing store allowance
- Parental leave
- Company match on charitable donations
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Utilize a hand operated rail saw to cut rail as instructed
- Sort and move miscellaneous railroad materials, including ties, tie plates, joint bars, anchors, etc.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep on all company property and equipment utilized
- Participate in all job briefings and conduct proper radio communications
- Practice proper housekeeping with clean, properly maintained vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Ensure compliance with all safety requirements, policies, and procedures
- Report all job site incidents and injuries to the facility manager immediately
- Complete and maintain all required safety training and certifications
- Adhere to all railroad and Omaha Track rules and regulations
- Previous general labor experience is a plus but is not required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated intermediate mechanical and basic mathematical skills. Effective communication skills.
- Effective listening skills, including the ability to interpret, document, and follow oral instructions
- Valid driver’s license preferred (must not have any major driving offenses within the last three years)
- Dependable and consistent attendance/punctuality
- Understand and accurately interpret/follow laws, rules, regulations, and other railroad/Omaha Track guidelines
- Ability to operate a hand operated rail saw for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to follow instructions to complete tasks independently or as a team